Poster abstract submissions for GastroDiet 2017 are now OPEN!
Submissions close Tuesday 12th September 2017.
When submitting your abstract, please follow the guidelines below to what your abstract should include:
- an introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
- a succinct description of the basic methodologies
- a clear indication of the major findings of the study
- a concluding statement
- abstracts cannot contain more that 300 words in the main body of the abstract (excluding abstract title, authors and affiliation)
- for abstract text, use Times New Roman, 12 point font
For an abstract template example, click here.
The submission process is online from the same profile you create for registration. It will work with any contemporary browser and the system will let you know if there is a problem with your browser version. When ready, you should open your document so you can cut and paste into the online system. Please do not work from pdf files. The steps are straight forward and the abstract builds online as you paste in so you can check it as you wish.
The benefits of this system are many but include:
- Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction;
- Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation;
- Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book;
- Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
Note that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
You will receive a confirmation email after your Abstract Submission has been successfully submitted. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your Currinda profile. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
Changes can be made to your abstract until the scoring process begins on Wednesday 13th September. Just return to your Conference Dashboard and select the Edit option under Abstracts. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
When will I find out my results?
Email notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat on Wednesday 20th September 2017, and the working program will be posted to the website. It will also appear on your Currinda profile. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards.
Will my abstract be accessible online?
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be available on this web page along with hyperlinks to the abstracts. When submitting your abstract you can opt to withhold your abstract from being published in the conference program if you wish.